- How much do you charge per hour? At Home Sweet Home Care & Cleaning, At Home Sweet Home Care & Cleaning, we charge by the job, not by the hour. The reason for this is two fold:: First, each job, each home, and each family are unique and the time it takes to clean two homes of similar size can vary greatly by many factors in play, such as the size and individual needs and habits of each family, the number of persons dwelling in each home, whether there are pets or not, the type of furniture, the type of floors, etc. Cleaning rates for Regular Services are determined by the size of the space(square footage), rooms to be cleaned. This is why we offer a free consultation of your home/business/office.Pricing depends on the category you choose for cleaning. We offer Regular Services on a daily, weekly, biweekly, every three weeks and monthly basis. We also have many other services offered, which you can find on our “Services” page. Second, each person cleans at a different speed and our focus is on detail and quality above all. We want our pricing to reflect that care & quality and to be consistent, and never want our customers to feel they are paying more for a cleaning taking longer solely on the basis of the speed of one cleaning professional vs another on any given day.
- Do I/we need to provide equipment or supplies? No, all equipment and supplies are provided by Home Sweet Home Care & Cleaning, unless requested otherwise. We are green cleaning certified and compliant, as well as OSHA certified and compliant, therefore all products we use must meet these regulations for our own health and safety, as well as for the homes and families we serve.
- Do I/we need to be present at the time of service/cleanings? No, once we have had our initial meet & greet/evaluation, you are not expected to be at home during your scheduled cleaning service. It is preferred that the home be unoccupied during service times to allow for efficiency and our best attention to detail, as the more people present = more distractions. A spare key or garage code is most often provided by our clients, or at times there is someone there to let us in and we lock up on our way out. We take great pride in our service and trustworthiness, and consider it a great honor to be trusted in your home. on the occasion that someone may be present, the room(s) that are occupied will not be cleaned while someone is in them.
- I/we have pets!! What is your policy regarding pets during cleaning service times? If you are a dog owner, we do ask that someone be home for an initial introduction between dog and the cleaning professional, for as long or as often as it takes for your pet to feel safe when alone in our presence. We love pets!! However, it is preferred that dogs be crated or have a special room that they will stay in during cleaning service times, as they do tend to get underfoot and hinder our efforts and efficiency.
- What forms of payment do you accept, and when is payment due? Credit or debit cards are preferred, payable via online invoice or over the phone. Personal checks and cash are also accepted. Payment is required 24 hours before services are rendered.
- What is your cancellation policy? In order to prevent a last-minute cancellations, we send out reminder emails and text notifications prior to your service and require a 48-hour notice for cancellation at no charge. Voicemail or text is preferred, and all calls and texts are time stamped for accuracy. If cancellations are made less than 48 hours in advance, you will be charged 50% of your regular fee, with 25% of that fee being refunded when you reschedule and keep your next appointment within 7 business days. Same day cancellations will be charged at 50% of your regular fee, with no optional partial refund.
- What if I am in need of a service that I do not see listed? We pride ourselves on being accommodating. As long as we are able to do the job (have the right tools and training), we would be glad to schedule in extra work at your home. Please discuss your requirements at least 48 hours prior to the visit so that we can allot any additional time.
- What if something is broken or damaged during the cleaning service? We believe in shining a spotlight on an issue rather than sweeping it under the rug. If something gets broken or damaged, we will photograph it and report it immediately. We are very careful and considerate of each space we attend, but every now and then something can happen (we are human, after all). We will always contact you to discuss a fair and quick resolution.
If something happens to break during our routine service, we’ll do our best to repair or replace the item. We do ask that any irreplaceable items be put away and anything you are concerned about is noted at the time of booking. Please note, we don’t repair or replace existing damage or improperly installed items.
- Do you accept tips? While tips aren’t expected, we do welcome and accept them, as do most who have careers in the service industry. Some of our clients prefer to tip a little at the end of each service while others provide a large tip at the end of the year. You can also leave a review on our website or Facebook page. We love hearing that our work is appreciated!!
- Do you offer a referral discount? Yes!!! We appreciate you sharing our business with your friends, families, neighbors and co-workers! Refer our services and receive a $20 discount off your next scheduled service, when they commit to a recurring cleaning relationship with us!
Have a question that wasn’t addressed above? Please feel free to contact us, and we will do our best to get back to you within 24 hours!